Wednesday, July 10, 2013

We’re in India!  We arrived about 1a here.  Everyone has their luggage!  I was fine for the first plane ride from DFW to Frankfurt.  I enjoyed the food on the plane.  I was unable to sleep so I watched some movies and read.  We had a four hour layover in Frankfurt, where several of us stopped at McDonalds.  I had a cappuccino.  As soon as we boarded the plane for Mumbai, I fell asleep.  I became very nauseous and my head hurt.  I’m sure it was a combination of things.  I got up for the meals, but wasn’t able to finish them. 
We met our really awesome tour guide, Amid, (SP?) who will take care of us while in Mumbai.  We had to walk a distance from the airport to the bus.  We checked into our hotel, which is very comfortable and cozy.
My roommates, Ashleigh and Aleyne and I got up this morning and ate breakfast at the hotel.  I’m not sure what we ate, but it was all very good.  We tried lots of mystery sandwiches; my favorite was the yellow one.  I had watermelon juice which was a little different. 
Our hotel is near a busy street, or people just enjoy honking.  It rained today.  When looking out the window this morning, I saw a woman digging in the trash.  This is such a contrast from our hotel.  I imagine India is constantly poverty facing wealth. 
My roommates and I slept through lunch.
Today, we visited a temple and saw a beach.  The temple was very unique.  It was neat to see something different from my own Church.  Amid gave us Snickers after the temple.  Snickers are half the width of Snickers in the U.S.  I also had mango ice cream with almonds at the temple.  It was delicious!
Dinner was amazing.  I have no idea what was placed on my plate, but there wasn’t one thing I didn’t enjoy.  Needless to say, I’m eating well. 
Our team debriefed this evening after dinner and there was such an overwhelming feeling of peace as we prayed.  Our team is going to do cool things when we get to Aurangabad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment